Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a friend i hate

do you know that the metal band used to mate the eraser with pencil is called a ferrule? i just knew minutes ago.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

okay, according to dictionary.com, here's the definition of friend;

noun
1. a person you know well and regard with affection and trust; "he was my best friend at the university"
2. an associate who provides cooperation or assistance; "he's a good ally in fight" [syn:
ally] [ant: enemy]
3. a person with whom you are acquainted; "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"; "we are friends of the family" [syn:
acquaintance] [ant: alien, stranger]
4. a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library" [syn:
supporter] 5.
a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)

i prefer to refer to this particular friend of mine to be in group three, the other meanings just don't apply to it. in fact, i dun have any shred of fondness towards this friend, only a huge disdain and a dire need to get away, as far as i could, to make this friend of mine disappear from sight as long as possible.

alas, this friend is always by my side-the only thing he does as a friend. oh my, does that make satan my friend too? they are forever by my side, aren't they? okay, forget about satan, this friend of mine insist of being attached to me, it makes me uncomfortable with him around, i can't hardly breathe, but in a way, instead of making me losing my space, in doing that, i got space. just that it is only for a very short while, followed by a feeling where i want to really kill him. usually, i would be the one to be left devastated in the end. i would be in despair, a bottomless penitence whenever this friend is around. nonetheless, he's ALWAYS around.

every once in a while, i would plan how to get rid of this friend of mine, i think of the route i should take to avoid him getting attached to me, i plan all the actions i should do, working out all the plausible tactics, drawing out strategies, almost a complete scheme. but then, when he has already embraced me tightly, all those plans crumble into pieces, left abandoned just like that. again, i would hate myself for that. and eventually, i am the one who gonna pay a heavy price for it.

so, i wonder just when i could get myself straight and totally get rid of this friend forever for good? oh, procrastination, please, please, dun make urself here by me ever again, i hate you, as much i hate those satans who would drag me to the fiery hell. you are never a good friend to me, yet u always cling by me. please, please, go away!

procrastination is a student's best friend

-said my actual friend

anyone with a cure? aid? remedy? antidote? placebo??

p/s: currently working on a homework, regarding pencil, and am procrastinating it

2 comments:

hudhud said...

hmmm...
a bit complicated^^'

Anonymous said...

uhuh. friend is a word, cant b dscribed ezly. lies deep inside one's heart kn? i dun thnk a dictionary can actually reveals wt friends really mean.